Jesse Kerman began his forays into filmmaking before the digital revolution, editing his own 16mm films as a teenager in rural New Hampshire. Now a sought-after editor and motion graphics artist, he specializes in translating formidable concepts into delightful and compelling media for a wide audience. When he's not thriving on your creative challenges, Jesse is charming his wife and two cats in Holyoke, Mass.
Advanced experience in professional film and video production and post production.
Expertise with creative and technical aspects of editing - narrative and non-fiction, and animation / motion graphics.
Skills run the gamut from writing, storyboarding, and pre- production, through lighting, shooting, sound, and all aspects of post production and delivery.
Past projects have involved such talents as James Franco and Heather Graham, Bob Mora - producer of The Amazing Race and America’s Next Top Model, and work for Showtime, Google, New Balance, Fidelity, Dolby, Autodesk, and Genentech among others.
FREELANCE FILMMAKER • self-employed • 1997 - present
Edit, assistant edit, color correction, motion graphics, camera, assistant camera, direction, writing, animation, visual effects, and technical and creative consultation for screenplays, production and post production.
SENIOR EDITOR • CNE Media • 2004 - 2012
In charge of post-production for suite of websites producing over 40 movies per month.
- Editing long form and short-form material
- Working with directors
- 2D and 3D motion graphics / digital visual effects
- Hiring and training new editors / managing junior editors • FCP problem solving
- Shooting narrative and documentary
TUTOR • self-employed • 2003 - present
One-on-one assistance with general post production workflow and Final Cut Studio, on call and in person.
INSTRUCTOR • Berkley Community Media • 2003 - 2004
Taught beginner’s course in Final Cut Pro to classes of 10-15 for public access station.
INSTRUCTOR • Women’s Film Workshop, London • 2001
Co-taught workshop on production and post production for women.
OFFICE MANAGER • Revbox.com • 2000 - 2001
Oversaw office logistics for internet startup of 20 employees.
Final Cut Pro (X & 7)
DVD Studio Pro
Adobe Media Encoder
Canon 5D MK II/III/7D
Lighting / Sound
- Happy Baby, narrative feature - Dir. Stephen Elliot
- Dyke Central, Narrative Web Series - Dir. Florencia Manóvil
- New Balance Conference, Day 1, presentation edit - produced by Brian Cibula: AVMediainc.com
- Prima Shrug by Maggie Pace, knitting workshop - produced, shot, and edited for Creativebug.com
- Public Sex, Private Lives, documentary feature - Dir. Simone Grudzen
- Talent Matters at Juniper, corporate short - Dir. Brian Benson
- Mother Country, narrative feature - Dir. Maria Breaux
- Coming Up, narrative short - Dir. Shaun Au
- VMWorld David Eagleman Intro, documentary short - Dir. Joshua Grannell
- Cousin Wonderlette: Idiot, narrative short - Dir. Brian Benson
- Cousin Wonderlette: Love and Anger, narrative short - Dir. Brian Benson
- Indietro, narrative feature - Dir. Vivian Darkbloom
- Untitled Reality Show Pilot, hour-long TV pilot for Showtime - Dir. Allison Chase Coleman
- Lorelei Lee, short documentary - Dir. Jesse Kerman and Simone Grudzen
- Fiona’s Script, narrative feature - Dir. Florencia Manóvil
- Situation, music video for The Ex-Boyfriends - Dir. Simone Grudzen
- Choco, narrative short - Dir. Jesse Kerman
- Immaculate Confession, documentary feature - Dir. Simone Grudzen
- Bad Penny, narrative feature - Dir. Jesse Kerman
- Tomorrow, narrative short - Dir. James Gutirrez
- Couch Surfing, narrative feature - Dir. Peter Hyoguchi
- Working Stiff, narrative short - Dir. Jesse Kerman
- Night of the Living Lush, narrative short - Dir. Jesse Kerman
ANIMATION / MOTION GRAPHICS
- Celebrity Sizzle Animation - New Balance - produced by Brian Cibula: AVMediainc.com
- 2013 Intro Video - Michelin - produced by CWI
- Site Manager / Site Startup - Genetech/Roche/Price Waterhouse Cooper - produced by re:Mind
- Kinetic Typography - Genetech/Roche - produced by re:Mind
- Cereer Minute Series - Genetech/Roche - produced by re:Mind
- Smoke Free Dave and Lisa - National Institutes Of Health - produced by re:Mind
- Top 3 Animation - New Balance - produced by Brian Cibula: AVMedia.com
- Product Motion Graphics - Bear Grylls - produced by Brian Cibula: AVMedia.com
- 2013 Product Sizzle Animation - New Balance - produced by Brian Cibula: AVMedia.com
- Photo Animation / Titles - The West End House 2013 - produced by Brian Cibula: AVMedia.com
- Teach Teachers Tech - A Platform For Good - produced by Google, Facebook and Microsoft
- Production Company Logo - Moving Portraits
- Website Logo - EyeNeer.com
- Production Company Logo - Doorstop Productions
- RSU Internal Training Video - Genentech
- Autodesk Internal Training Video
- GPM Project, corporate training videos - Genentech
- Foundations of Reimbursement, corporate training - Genentech
- D.I.T. - Happy Baby, narrative feature - Dir. Stephen Elliott
- VIDEOGRAPHER - CreativeBug.com (Kristin Nicholas Workshops, Maggie Pace Workshop)
- PRODUCER / WRITER - Public Sex, Private Lives
- ILLUSTRATOR / MUSIC EDITOR / COLORIST - Teach Teachers Tech
- MUSIC SUPERVISOR - Mother Country
- SOUND DESIGNER/VISUAL EFFECTS - Cousin Wonderlette: Love and Anger
- ASSISTANT EDITOR - About Cherry (2012), narrative feature - Dir. Stephen Elliott
- COLORIST / 2ND AC - Coming Up
- COLORIST - Patagonia Rising
- ASSISTANT EDITOR - All About Evil, narrative feature - Dir. Joshua Grannell
- ASSISTANT EDITOR - Talent Matters, corporate video for Juniper Networks
Is available upon request.